Friday, June 18, 2010

Sweet Crude Oil Live Chart

So much for a title

months ago since I wrote here but I found it interesting to take something, say, flashy, but rather it should qualify as shocking. The thing is that in a used bookstore I found a book entitled Woman Under the physiological standpoint, Moral and Literary , undated (missing the first page, I think), but with undeniable (and disturbing) signs of moralizing and pseudo-nineteenth century. Written by a pharmacist French naturalist, Julien-Joseph Viceroy, I understand that around 1830, my copy is a translation into English, where he is called simply "Viceroy JJ", I understand that because in Spain it was known as Julian Joseph. Soon I will post here more pages scanned, but to give you an idea, this is just on pages 20 and 21 (of 279 who has the book). [Click on image for larger view.]


Incredibly Viceroy made some important contributions to medicine and is generally considered the father of chronobiology , the study of biological rhythms and related issues, for example, the difference in effectiveness of drugs as the diurnal cycle when they are administered. Beyond that, it is known as the author of a natural history of human Jenera (you can read the whole document or download the Google Books), filled, obviously, the same or worse nonsense than his later book on women.

0 comments:

Post a Comment